Records » Record #671
- Record Type:
- Record of meeting
- Reel 8
- Frame Start:
- Frame End:
- Legacy ID:
- Legacy Year:
- Legacy Index:
- MPPDA - Production Code
- Additional text in Transcription. See separate file for digest.
Discussion of Production Code in its draft form. Stenographic transcript of a meeting between producers, Lord, Quigley, and Hays to discuss the form and content of the proposed new Code. Includes Lord's submission, "Suggested Code to Govern the Production of motion pictures" and Thalberg submission "General Principles to Govern ...," which introduces the concept of compensating moral values. Treatment of women: pp. 37, 43, 64-5. Use of suggestion rather than explicitness: pp. 45,47. Obscenity, pp. 51-52. Necessity of happy endings: p.79 Material re Woman of Affiars pp. 90, 91; material re American Tragedy pp. 60, 61.
There are no keywords associated with this record. Show all keywords…
Please log in to view documents associated to this record.
- Paul Bern, Producer
- Charles H. Christie, Christie Comedies
- Col. Jason S. Joy
- Mr Will H. Hays, President, MPPDA
- Jesse L. Lasky, Jesse L. Lasky Productions, Fox Film Corp., in 1934
- Maurice McKenzie, Executive Assistant
- Martin Quigley, President of Quigley Publishing Co., Inc, Exhibitors' Herald and Motion Picture World
- Benjamin Percival Schulberg, General Manager of West Coast production, Paramount Publix
- Sol Wurtzel
- Irving G. Thalberg, Production Manager Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer., MGM
- Jack Warner, Head of Production, Warner Bros.
- Alice Ames Winter, Director of public relations, MPPDA
- Sullivan, Pathe