Records » Record #180
- Record Type:
- Reel 1
- Frame Start:
- Frame End:
- Legacy ID:
- Legacy Year:
- Legacy Index:
- Citizens League of Maryland for Better Motion Pictures
- Additional text in Transcription.
Mrs Gibbs is Vice President of The Citizens League of Maryland for Better Motion Pictures. Her letter is explicitly anti-Semitic, and also makes an attack on Hays. She encloses a leaflet accusing the Committee on Public Relations of being toothless, the MPPDA of being an anti-censorship whitewashing office, and the movies of being entirely pernicious, and in need of immediate censorship.
Please log in to view documents associated to this record.
EDITORIAL COMMENT: A typical statement of ethnic attack on the movies: they are run by Jews and are corrupting immigrant Catholic children to be insubordinate to their parents; the industry is a Trust "like any other" and should be controlled - from Cornelia Gibbs of Baltimore.
- Citizens' League of Maryland for Better Motion Pictures, The
- MPPDA (Committee on Public Relations)
- National Catholic Welfare Council